Clinic for Women
About 2,800 surgical operations are annually performed in the Clinic for Women. It focuses on minimal-invasive surgery (keyhole surgery), thus having an extensive experience in organ-saving operations on ovaries and uterus. The clinic is the operative location of the Breast Center Essen.
The clinic has a special focus on cancer diseases, particularly breast cancer. The most modern diagnostic procedures such as ultrasound, mammography, computer tomography and magnetic resonance imaging are available. If a further chemotherapeutic treatment is necessary, this can be performed as an in- or outpatient, the latter choice being chosen by a third of the patients.
- Treatment of cancer diseases, especially breast cancer
- Outpatient gynecologic operations
- Minimal invasive surgery
Further emphasis on
- Organ-saving operations of uterus and ovary diseases
- Therapy of significant descensus of the uterus
- Operative treatment of urinary incontinence